Monday 7 January 2013

Author Interview: Krystal McLaughlin


Hello Therians!!

Today I'd like to welcome author, Krystal McLaughlin, to the blog :)

Krystal is the author of The Enchanted Island series and The Willows. Check out her books below.

 
THE WILLOWS


PhotobucketLife is easy when you have everything you want; great friends, a boyfriend who loves you, a happy family that supports you, brothers that both protect and annoy you. I had all of that… once.
That was before the accident. That was before the murder. That was before… The Willows.

Evelyn Magwire now has a choice to make. Does she turn her back on the mysteries that have consumed her life, or does she face the darkness and find the truth? When her brother comes up missing, the choice is made for her. Forced on a path where her friends become her enemies and her enemies become her friends, Evie learns that the changes happening to herself are the scariest of all. She’s not sure she will ever be the same again… Because some changes are forever… and bloodlust… never dies.


THE WITCHES LOTTERY (THE ENCHANTED ISLAND SERIES)


When Sophia and Drew McKibben's parents are killed in a tragic car accident, they are shipped off to live with an aunt they never even knew existed. Believing that they are moving to a privately owned island just off of the coast of Mystic, CT to live alone with her, they are surprised to find a sort of under-aged bed and breakfast.

PhotobucketSophia draws the attention of one of the locals, Falen, immediately. He always seems to know exactly what she is thinking, and to her frustration, everything she does seems to amuse him. When a newcomer to the island brings with him a sense of deja vu, she begins to ask herself the ultimate question: Am I going crazy?

Sophia's world starts to unravel when she notices her own brother acting just as abnormal as the rest of them. When she begins to realize that the life she left behind looks even more bizarre then the one she was forced to leave it for, she's faced with a decision to make: embrace the new life that has been given to her, or drown in the past. Either choice brings with it more secrets and deceptions to unearth. The problem now is that the two worlds may actually be more intertwined than she thought.

 
A DRAGON FORSAKEN (THE ENCHANTED ISLAND SERIES)



PhotobucketIn a world of mystery and magic, Daphne is unique.

Unlike her friends, who have awakened to the magic inside of them, Daphne was born with it. Daphne was born a Dragon.

When her past begins to resurface, forcing her into a web of lies and deception, she is forced to accept unexpected alliances and risk everything for the sake of love. Something that she swore she would never let into her life.

As the newest installment of The Enchanted Island Series unfolds, she'll learn that nothing is ever what it seems, and when webs get this tangled, everyone's fate hangs in the balance, and nothing is coincidence.




And now, let me introduce, Krystal.

Welcome and thank you for visiting :)

1.   Tell us a bit more about yourself. 

I was born a writer.  As far back as I can remember I have always had a story and my head and all I've ever wanted to do is share my characters with the world.  I am also a mother.  I have three beautiful children and an amazingly supportive husband.  By day ~ mostly just to pay the bills ~ I'm a banker :)

 

2.   Describe yourself in three words.

Creative , Compassionate , Supportive

 

3.   What five things do you never leave home without?

My Family, my smart phone, my planner, a notebook, and a pen

 

4.   What do you do when you are not writing? 

Work and spend time with my wonderful family and friends.

          

5.   Who/What inspired you to write your first novel? 

I have been writing my whole life...  I can say that reading Nora Roberts and Johanna Lindsey inspired me to write romance, but JK Rowling inspired me to write Young Adult :) 

 

6.   What has been your most rewarding experience on the road to being published?

I recently had one of my reviewers say that one of my characters is one of her all time favorites.  That was super rewarding and I'll never forget the way it made me feel.    

 

7.   What is the best piece of advice you have been given as an author?

That not everyone is going to like your work and that's okay.  It took me a long time before I was able to accept critisism lightly.

 

8.   What advice would you give to aspiring authors? 

Never give up.  If the love you have for your work comes through into your writing, than people will notice and appreciate that.

 

9.   Who are your favorite authors to read? 

JK Rowling, Nora Roberts, Nicholas Sparks, Meg Cabot

 

10. Tell us a bit about each of the books you’ve written.

The Witches Lottery is about a young girl's journey into the world of magic.  She finds herself thrown into a world filled with the beauty of discovery...  but that discovery isn't always free of evil.

A Dragon Forsaken continues the story of The Witches Lottery, following Daphne - part dragon and part human - as she embarks on a mission to find her missing sister.  Learning along the way that sometimes being alone isn't the best way to travel.

The Willows starts a new series of mystery and darkness in an underground world of... blood.

 

11. Are any of your characters based on someone you know?

My characters are all pieces of people that I know or have known throughout my life as well as a good healthy dose of imagination.

 

12. Who is your favorite character (from each book), and why? 

The Witches Lottery - Falen - Not only is he hot, he is sweet and understanding and super powerful
 
      A Dragon Forsaken - Daphne - She kicks ass!  She is strong and amazing.

      The Willows - Mason - I find him endearingly clueless and extremely loveable.

 

13. Are you working on any special projects at the moment?

I am working on three books simultaneously right now...  Guardian of the Realm: A Faerie Tale is more than halfway done and is about ... you guessed it...  faeries!  The Goblin's Daughter is the third book in the Enchanted Island series following The Witches Lottery and A Dragon Forsaken... and lastly Dragonfly is the first book in a new series that I am super excited about...

 

14. Where can readers stalk you?

      Twitter           @witcheslottery

      Facebook        Under Krystal McLaughlin as well as The Witches Lottery Page, The Willows Page, and The Enchanted Island Series Page

      Blog                krystalmclaughlin.blogspot.com
                             (there is currently a sneek peak of Dragonfly posted there)

      Sales                My books can be found on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and Smashwords




So if you need something to add to your TBR pile, make sure to get your hands on Krystal McLaughlin's books.

HAPPY READING!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...