Tuesday 14 January 2014

Review: Die Trying by Nicholas Ryan #Zombies




 

Trapped amidst the horror of the zombie apocalypse, three men hear the sound of a helicopter overhead and know it represents their last desperate hope to survive the terror and reach safety.

But survival comes at a cost - and the undead hordes that ravage the world are not the only lurking evil the men must face.

But for Mitch Logan, his brother, Jed, and their friend, Clinton Harrigan, there is no choice.

They must fight to survive - or Die Trying.

 
 



 
 
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20424397-die-trying?ac=1


 
REVIEW

I've said this before, and I'm going to say it again...I'm not a huge fan of zombies, but if I'm looking for a bit of flesh eating, brain chomping zombie gore, then Nicholas Ryan is the author I'll turn to. His first book was amazing, so when I got the opportunity to read more from this talented author, I jumped at the chance.

 

Ryan's stories are well developed with plenty of gut-wrenching twists and turns. The suspenseful atmosphere he creates with his plotlines is so thrilling and kept me on the edge of my seat from page one. I felt like I was a part of this story. I felt like I ran alongside the characters as they sought refuge and safety, and to my delightful horror I felt like I was right in the mix of things each time a zombie’s gnashing teeth came a little too close for comfort.

 

But the danger that threatens the characters is not only from the infected undead. Hate, disloyalty and a lack of trust are just some of the factors plaguing this group of survivors. The biggest question was will they survive each other long enough to survive the apocalypse?

 

There were quite a few disturbing moments within this story, and even more frightening than the zombies was the old man, Mitch, encountered on their way to Pentelle. He was a crazed lunatic, and that’s putting it mildly. It definitely upped the creepiness and once again added another layer to this complex story.

 

This was an exciting and enthralling read. A definite must read if you are looking for a great zombie horror that will keep you glued to the pages until the end.





To keep up to date with all the latest Nicholas Ryan news and new book release information visit him on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Nicholas-Ryan/157780851079055

You can contact Nick directly at nicholas_zombie@live.com







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...